Information Management Area
The Division has following exclusive infrastructure facilities:
- Several Foreign and Indian Journals are subscribed every year in Chemical and Life Sciences, with a current annual budget of around Rs. 3 crores.
- Chemical Abstracts on print from 1907 onwards, in CDs from 1996 onwards and now available online since January 2012.
- Collection of books & bound volumes of Journals more than one lakh.
- Other specialized Databases like Standards, which include Indian and American Society for Testing and Materials.
- Web of science database was provided through CSIR consortium provides seamless access from approximately 12,000 of the prestigious, high impact research journals in the world.
- Access to about several thousands of Scientific, Technical and Peer reviewed Electronic Journals, about million of Abstracts with cross references to publisher platforms over the Internet through CSIR e journal consortium.
- Extensive specific Literature Search facility through Sci-Finder for the scientific staff.
- Subscription of Reaxys Database to help promote faster and quality research.
- Internet and CD Database browsing rooms.
- In-house photocopying and binding machinery.
- Provides facilities to industries and other agencies on corporate membership basis. It has been extended to research scholars free of cost from any university.