Centre for NMR & Structural Chemistry
Core Competencies and Activities
- Methodological developments of both solution and solid-state NMR techniques and homo-decoupling pulse sequences to enhance the spectral resolutions and sensitivity of complex molecules.
- Solution-state NMR (CP/MAS) spectroscopy of organic molecules, natural products, APIs including low-molecular weight anti-coagulants.
- RDC-enhanced NMR methods for precise structural elucidations and solving multiple unknown relative stereocentres.
- Density Functional Theory (DFT) based designs of molecular scaffolds including biomolecular folding/ regulation mimicry and computations of transient state structures.
- Solid-state NMR of polymorphism, cross-linking density and impurity identifications in pharmaceutically relevant molecules.
- NMR based determinations of inter-molecular interactions.
- Portable inside-out low field NMR for studying large objects and process/quality monitoring.
- NMR instrumentation.