Centre for Semiochemicals
- Isolation, Identification and Exploitation of semiochemicals as Pest Management Tools in Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Technologies Developed and Transferred
- Development of suitable pheromone lures from the market available polymer dispensers
- Development and Popularization of environmentally safe pest control methods based on Pheromone Application Technology (PAT) as one of the best agro practices for sustainable agriculture.
- Synthesis of Insect Pheromones and other semiochemicals with affordable methodologies
- Providing knowledge base and Quality Assurance services to industry and user agencies.
- Providing training at national level on semiochemicals Research & Development
- Popularization of PAT as a Versatile Agro Practice in farming community and society, State Agricultural Departments, NGO and agricultural extension workers and to assist other research scientists of the country who have R&D interest in this fascinating discipline
- To Synthesize Insect Pheromone Chemicals.
- To Evaluate Pheromones
- To provide knowledge base and Quality Assurance services to industry and user agencies.
- Training center for Research & Development
- Popularization of PAT as a Versatile Agro Practice.
- To Isolate and Identify hither-to unknown Pheromone systems.
- To Explore insect-plant interactions for pest management