Information Management Area
IICT-CCMB Library is a combined facility for two National Laboratories viz CSIR-IICT and CSIR-CCMB and it is known as Information Management Area (IMA). It has precious internationally acclaimed reference collections in frontier areas of Chemical, Engineering and Life Sciences. It plays a vital role in acquisition, organization and dissemination of knowledge. It is consulted not only by the institutional users but also by researchers in and around Hyderabad. It has an impressive collection of both print and electronic resources including books, journals, technical reports, standards, patents, theses and other material. It has adequate infrastructure to meet the user's requirements. Main thrust of the library continues to be the improvement of quality services and facilities, achieving higher degree of user satisfaction and modernization of its activities and operations. Print holdings include Books, Dictionaries, Handbooks, Encyclopedias, Reference book series and back volumes of journals. Library subscribes many national and international journals every year.
IMA is acting as a participating agency of CSIR-IICT in the implementation of 12th Five Year Plan Project "CSIR Knowledge Gateway & Open Source Private Cloud Infrastructure" (KNOWGATE) under information sciences cluster of National Laboratories scheme of CSIR with a project outlay of Rs.1159.17 lakh. This project will be implemented by CSIR-NISCAIR as a nodal laboratory. The cloud infrastructure is proposed at NISCAIR which will be accessed as a service from any CSIR Labs. This platform will be used by individual Knowledge Resource Centres (KRCs) of CSIR laboratories for their computational needs. Further, a small Open Source Software Technology Solution Cell (OSSTSC) is being proposed to provide the Open Source Software (OSS) solution for library automation, institutional repositories / digital libraries and network security and management. Technical support will be provided to all CSIR KRCs through OSSTSC. The ultimate aim of this project is to supply researchers with all the materials that they need in order to do research, become more educated and empowered.
- It is a signature library in Chemical and Life Sciences with Chemical Abstracts available since its inception i.e. from the year 1907.
- Rich document collection which includes more than a lakh of books and journal back volumes.
- Electronic access to about thousands of scientific journals and Electronic databases like Sci-Finder, Reaxys, Indian and ASTM standards through NKRC Consortium.
- Digital Repository (DRI) of IICT has been commissioned and maintained, which is a digital archive of the IICT's research output. Publications from the year 1947 onwards and bibliographic details of Ph.D thesis from the year 1945 onwards are available. 9058 full text articles and bibliographic details of 1313 thesis are included in DRI.
- Library Home page http://libdoc is a single point access to all the library resources.
- Scientometric study of research output of the institute which helps the top management of CSIR-IICT in understanding strengths and weaknesses of R & D activity of the Institute.
- Provides a range of Library and Information services like Circulation service, Reference service, Inter-Library Loan service, Newspaper Clipping service and Translation service for foreign language research articles.