Medicinal Chemistry & Pharmacology
- Discovery and development of effective and affordable new drugs
- Synthesis of complex natural products, new molecules and analogue generation
- Executing various medicinal chemistry and drug discovery programmes.
- Development of novel processes, particularly greener synthesis of drugs and their intermediates
- In-silico design of novel leads
- Development of reaction methodologies for asymmetric synthesis
- Application of biotransformations and biocatalysts for the preparation of pharmaceutically important compounds including chiral synthesis/separations.
- Preclinical toxicity studies for regulatory submissions
- Pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic studies
- Targeted drug delivery systems
- Understanding drug mechanisms and their mode of action
- Biotechnology/Fermentation based production of value added products
- Targeting novel biochemical pathways towards the discovery of effective and safe drugs
- Bioinspired and greener synthesis of pharmaceutically relevant complex natural products and their pharmacological evaluations
- Development of biocatalytic tools for novel synthetic transformations
- Flow microreactor chemistry
- Photoredox catalysis
- Green and practical synthesis of novel heterocyclic's.
- Regulatory toxicology
- Excellent expertise in Chemistry in designing and development of novel compounds from simple to complex molecules and their libraries leading to therapeutic active compounds
- Equipped with modern analytical and other related instruments such as UV, FT-IR, polarimeter, GC, HPLC, UPLC, GC-MS, LC-MS/MS, parallel synthesizers, microwave synthesizers for Combinatorial Synthesis of compounds , scale-up lab reactors , Fermentors, Blood cell counter and analyzer, multimode micro plate readers, RT-PCR, fluorescence microscopes, etc.
- Facilities for screening small molecules in the therapeutic areas of analgesic; anti-inflammation; anti-diabetic; anti-arthritis, Hypo-cholestemic , anticancer and anti microbial activities.
- Animal House registered with CPCSEA