Natural Products Chemistry
Core Competencies and Activities
- Asymmetric Synthesis
- Automation chemistry for High Throughput Synthesis
- Active participation in OSDD programme through "Center for Open Source Drug Discovery" focusing towards tuberculosis therapeutics
- Attracted several national and international clients for collaborative projects such as M/s GSK, Colgate-Palmolive, Evolva, GVK-Bio, Zydus-Cadilla, Zenara, Biocon, Bharath Biotech, Cipla, Loreal-India, Saarum Sciences etc.
- Biocatalysis and Biotransformations
- Deuterium chemistry
- Development of new methodologies in C-C and C-X bond forming processes with Green Chemistry approach
- Development of new adjuvants in vaccine therapy
- Development of non-infringing process for APIs
- Development of new chemical entities for CNS disorders through collaborative programme "Indo-French Joint Laboratory for Sustainable Chemistry at Interfaces"
- Development of new chemical entities for GSK 3 inhibitors, Anti-tobacco therapeutics through collaborative programme "CSIR-Mayo Clinic, US"
- Isolation of bio-actives from natural sources such as terrestrial plants, marine origin, lichens and microbes
- Sample management through National Mol Bank, collaborative high through put screening and data management for sharing across participating laboratories
- Standardization and formulations of herbal products Synthesis of bio-actives and their synthetic analogues with relevance to alth sector inspired by nature
- Hybrid natural products, PEG chemistry, isolation of marine and terrestrial natural products, Green chemistry, bio transformations, synthesis of natural products and their synthetic analogues
- Synthesis of new chemical entities for prophylactic and therapeutic application to aid human healthcare.