Vision & Mission
Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (IICT), Hyderabad, established in 1944,
is a constituent laboratory of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR),
New Delhi. With its expertise in chemistry and chemical technology, it provides
solutions to challenges faced by Industry, Government Departments and Entrepreneurs
through basic and applied research, and process development. It is internationally
recognized for its contributions to chemistry research and is an ideal place for
taking ideas to commercialization through state of the art research and development.
- To become the first line of support for innovation by Indian chemical and pharmaceutical
industries in their endeavour to become globally competitive.
- To provide scientific and technical assistance for Government of India campaigns
like Swachch Bharat, Swasthya Bharat, Samarth Bharat and Make in India, with its
expertise in chemistry and chemical technology.
- To help Government ministries, NGO organizations, entrepreneurs and industry, in
projects of social responsibility, and those that create wealth and employment for
- To partner with Indian strategic organizations in their quest for new materials
and specialty chemicals critical for progress of our nation.
- To achieve excellence in chemistry, chemical technology and allied fields through
Research and Development on topics which are current and relevant to India.
- To identify, pursue, create and make available chemical technologies that are capable
of making India a major contributor to knowledge economy.
- To practice high science of international standards by networking and collaborating
with Universities, Laboratories and industries of high repute across the world.
- To nurture talent, competency and scientific temper of staff in all allied fields
of chemistry and chemical technology such as organic synthesis, catalysis, chemical
engineering, materials, and analytical science.
- To leverage IICT's human resources and facilities to produce tangible outputs like
products, processes, patents, and publications to contribute towards creation of
wealth for the country.
- To provide training for Ph D students in interdisciplinary and current research
topics to fulfil the scientific manpower requirements of Industry and academia.